For the most part, pest control chemicals are completely safe. However, they must be handled with care by someone who is trained to use them or safety could become an issue. Most household insect sprays contain plant-based chemicals called pyrethrins. These chemicals were originally isolated from chrysanthemum flowers and are generally not harmful.
However, they can cause life-threatening respiratory problems if inhaled. Today, there are greener options for pest control that are less toxic to humans and, as a result, more cost-effective than traditional pesticides. Brent learned about the toxicity of each pesticide product on the list, then discovered that he could take control of the situation by controlling the amount of pesticide he and Butch came in contact with. Before a pest control company sprays, measure the perimeter around your home to determine the right amount of chemicals needed.
That kind of pest control can definitely be toxic, especially if you have babies crawling on the floor, chewing and salivating from just about anything.
Leave a Comment